Monday, May 25, 2009

Riera-Dawson, Park Tavern, 5/23/9




My second delivery of the weekend ....

One of the highest compliments I can receive is to find out that all of my cake was eaten !!! Well, I just received an email from Johanna and Kacey's wedding coordinator (Nicole Jones of Nicole Jones Events) that every bit was gone !!! (SMILE)

Johanna Riera and Kacey Dawson met with me in January. During our meeting, I learned that they live in the subdivision right behind me .. how cool is that ... neighbors !!!

Their reception was held in the Piedmont Room at Park Tavern. The color of scarlett (or cranberry) popped in the centerpieces and on the cake. Four tiers, Round, bordered in cranberry ribbon with a different dot design on each layer. When I placed the gerbera daisies (provided by Carla Duncan of On Occasions of Atlanta) on top of the cake ... they were a perfect color match with the ribbon. The cake looked great.

I was looking forward to seeing their Day of Coordinator ... Nicole Craven-Jones ..... as she is one of my past brides, but it turned out that I didn't have to return later that night to pick up my plateau .. Carla Duncan offered to bring it to me ... so I missed seeing her, but hopefully will get the chance to see her again at another wedding.

Unfortunately I can't show you this cake either ... (problem w/ camera) ... but I have already requested cake shots from the photographer (Robert Adams) and will post upon receipt.

1 comment:

Eileen said...

Riera-Dawson Wedding, 5/23/9Friday, July 24, 2009 9:17 AM
From: Johanna Riera
To: Eileen M. Carter

Hi Eileen,

I wish I knew you wanted to see pictures. I would have sent them to you a long time ago. Every piece of cake (except the top tier of course) went.

Some people were upset that they didn’t get a piece! I knew it would be a hit! The cake looked phenomenal thanks for doing a fantastic job!

Thanks for everything!
Johanna Riera