Saturday, May 16, 2009

Hussey-Vensel Wedding, Park Tavern, 5/15/9


We had to wait until the ceremony was over before we could bring in the cake. Christine Hussey and Joshua Vensel married in the Piedmont Room of Park Tavern and didn't want their guests to see the cake until the reception.

While we waited, I got a chance to chat with the DJ (Chris Meeks) and some of my favorite servers at Park Tavern. Everything was going well, the ceremony had begun, then we heard that someone had fainted. I think it was one of her bridemaids, but I'm not sure ... so after a little delay, the ceremony finished and the tranformation from ceremony to reception began.

I had quite an audience as I constructed the cake ... hearing comments like "I had no idea they were put together on site ... thought they (cakes) arrived all put together" to "I just love watching that cake show". I was even asked it was ok if they watched as I constructed .... as some of you know, I worked for Publix for a couple of years (in the bakery, of course) and got used to people watching as I decorated cakes ... I also taught for a couple of years. So, having someone watch me work is not a problem.

Christine wanted a simple, yet elegant look for her cake .... bordered in platinum/silver ribbon, and my signature flat finish, we let the cake floral decorate the cake. I got a chance to see both Christine and Joshua ..... they looked terrific and very happy. Art Pinney (www.artpinney.com) was the photographer for this event and got an awesome shots of the cake ... he put a light behind the cake !!!

Best wishes to you both, Christine and Joshua ... see you next year for your anniversary.

E

1 comment:

Eileen said...

From: Christine Hussey
Subject: 1st anniversary cake coupon
To: eileenmcarter@yahoo.com
Date: Monday, May 25, 2009, 10:40 PM

Thanks Eileen! The cake was beautiful and delicious! Our guests raved about it! We already looked at your blog (and Art's)--the cookies and cream filling was a huge hit! Art's photo really captured the beauty and simplicity of it! The flowers worked really well with the color scheme and thank goodness Candace White of Botany Bay made a wonderful topper (I had a feeling that "V" wouldn't stay up!). I hope the ceremony delay didn't disturb your schedule too much...thank goodness my bridesmaid Saroj (who passed out) didn't have to go to the emergency room and was able to dance with us at the reception. As everyone said, our ceremony was definitely memorable! Thanks again for everything--I would recommend you in a heartbeat, though you don't seem to need it with your crazy schedule! Thanks again...we can't wait to eat our yummy cake on our 1st anniversary!
Love, Christine and Josh Vensel