Sunday, May 10, 2009

Coleman-Lapres, Magnolia Hall, 5/9/9




My PICK OF THE WEEKEND !!!

Our second delivery of the day was to Magnolia Hall .... believe me when I say that no one gets into this venue earlier than 2 hours prior to the event .... Clay and I were first to arrive ... then Chef Jason (Endive) arrived with his crew ... then Emily (the coordinator) ... then, the woman with the key !!!

Shannon Coleman and Rory Lapres married at the Botanical Gardens then had their reception at Magnolia Hall. Shannon came to me with a specific design in mind for her cake. Something she saw in a magazine. The magazine cake was round .... she wanted square ... the design made a stunning cake. I left at 5:00p and unfortunately couldn't wait for the florist to arrive ... so I have no idea what the cake looked like with floral ... but I understand it was gorgeous, so I'm real anxious to see the photo's from Shannon Wright (http://www.shannonseye.net/)
Photo's have arrived .. and are spectacular !!! Thanks, Shannon.

The groom is a huge Auburn fan .. and plays golf ..... cake red velvet cake filled w/ cream cheese was made to look like a golf bag, complete with Auburn golf balls and tees.

I got to see Shannon in her gown (wait 'til you see pics) later that night when I returned to pick up the plateau and got a big hug .. I even got one from Rory who made a point to find me to thank me for his cake. Too cool!!!

Much happiness to you both !!!
e

No comments: