Sunday, May 10, 2009

Galucki-Hoade, Old Decatur Courthouse, 5/9/9


My first of three deliveries of the day went to the Old Decatur Courthouse ... Have you ever seen it? It's right in front of you at the end of Clairmont Road (where it intersects with Ponce de Leon). A beautiful old building full of architectural design and white marble. It's not a very friendly vendor venue (tough for your vendors to unload), but still beautiful. The reception room is up on the second floor .... tall tall ceilings (and a piano to serve as the cake table).

I was on a very tight schedule ... so when we arrived I was very surprised to not see the first sign of any reception ... no tables set up, no chairs, no caterer, no floral, no nothing ..... I did see family members (thank goodness) ... they were supposed to have met up with the planner (who worked for the catering company) at noon. One family member grabbed a table and set up it for us to use as a place to place the boxes of cake in the interim (he was so sweet ... and unfortunately I didn't get his name, but will forever be grateful for his kindness). Well, the planner eventually showed and everything was put in motion.

Lauren Galucki and Dallas Hoade are friends of one of my 2008 couples (Thanks, Kara and Worth). Their wedding cake was my only round cake of the weekend and 1/2 vanilla and 1/2 chocolate filled with raspberry. A subtle swirl design at the base of each cake and clumps of hydrangea decorated their cake.

The groom cake (carrot filled w/ cream cheese) was the New Orleans Saints logo.

Happiness to you both !!!
E

1 comment:

Eileen said...

Thank You!
Friday, May 22, 2009 10:46 AM
From: Lauren Galucki
To: Eileen M. Carter

Hi Eileen,

I just wanted to thank you so much for making such a beautiful wedding and grooms cake for our big day. I'm sorry that I didn't get to thank you at the reception, but everyone thought the cakes were amazing! Sorry if there was any confusion with the flowers, I hope it wasn't too much trouble!

We are looking forward to our 1 Year Anniversary cake!

Thanks again,
Lauren