Sunday, April 19, 2009

Nye-Bennett, Winder Community Center, 4/18/9

Late last year, while returning a cake plateau to J&L Party Rental (www.jandlpartyrental.com), a woman said ... are YOU the cake lady? Mary and her mom were in the shop arranging their rentals for Mary's wedding. We soon after set a date to meet and I got the cake order !!!

This was our second delivery of the day ... Mary Nye and Luke Bennett married in the Coleen O Williams Theatre. Their reception was held in the Winder Community Center. I had never been in this facility, so when I entered I was taken back by the beauty of it all. The dark wood floors were so shiny I thought they were wet. With twinkle lights up on the ceiling, lovely linens and centerpieces .. it was absolutely gorgeous.

Simple, yet elegant was the cake theme ..... dark brown ribbon bordered each layer ... loops of ribbon were mixed in with silk hydrangea and ribbon streamers on each side of the cake. Very pretty.

This is the first time, that I've received the professional photo and a comment from the bride before their wedding was posted on my blog !!!

The photographer was Nikki Banik Photography (tsmphotography@gmail.com) and she did an awesome job. Thank you, Nikki.

1 comment:

Eileen said...

Subject: Thanks
Date: Tuesday, April 28, 2009
From: Mary Nye
To: Eileen Carter

Hi Eileen, I just wanted to thank you so much for making our wedding cake! Everyone thought it was gorgeous!!! AND delicious!!!

Thank you so so so much!

Mary Nye Bennett