Sunday, April 12, 2009

Hoagland-Jarchow, Park Tavern, 4/10/9

Leslie Hoagland and Philip Jarchow came to meet with me about 2 months before their big day. After looking thru my portfolio Leslie decided on different designs on each layer. So, that's what she got.

We arrived at Park Tavern Friday evening with a 4-tier cake ... All of the design work was done in an oatmeal color to match the ribbon border. The top and bottom layers were Marble cake filled with chocolate mousse; the second from the top was vanilla cake filled with Hazelnut; and the third layer (second from the bottom) was FAKE.

When my brides have their ceremony at the same location as their reception ... I get a chance to see them before everything begins. Leslie ... with tiara already in place .... and in casual attire ... came out as I was constructing her cake. Big Hugs !!! The next time I saw her ... she was dressed in her gown and looked incredible. I got to witness "the first look" ... when the groom (Philip) see's the bride in her gown for the first time. My heart was full and my eyes were also full of emotion ... it was a beautiful sight to see.

Leslie and Philip's reception gave me the chance to meet a few new vendors: Brette Start - Floral and Event Design ... was the Florist and also served as Day of Coordinator; and John Campbell was the photographer. I'll fill you in on his contact info once I receive cake photo's. Until then, my photo will have to do.

Best wishes to you both, Leslie and Philip.

No comments: