Saturday, November 22, 2008

Sherman-McKloskey, Park Tavern, 11/22/8




We had to wait a few minutes while the photographer took pictures of the Groom and his men at the entrance of Park Tavern ... the photographer told Nick (the groom) to step forward and had the groomsmen just look toward Nick ... well, this got all the guys making all sorts of comments about Nick's bald spot .... it was very funny and should be a cute picture. When the picture was taken, the boys moved aside so that Clay and I could start bringing in the cake ... Nick greeted me with a hug and I told him that "God only made few perfect heads .. the rest he put hair on." He wholeheartedly agreed.

Wendy and Nick came to see me a couple of times. I had to convince Wendy that I could design in "color" ... using colored icing .... I can't blame her, she had a point .... 99% of my cakes are done in white with white designs. I truly feel that when Wendy saw her cake ... finished ... it was at that point, she was convinced. As I've said before, I can't pick favorites (cakes), but this one was my pick of the weekend ..... I loved the color, and the design. Thanks Julie Coffin of Unique Floral Expressions for that incredible topper.

Photos by King & Spivey (courtesy of Wendy McKloskey) ... Thanks, Wendy.

1 comment:

Eileen said...

Thank You!!!
Wednesday, December 3, 2008 9:44 PM
From: Wendy Sherman
To: eileenmcarter@yahoo.com
-----Inline Attachment Follows-----

Eileen, I still can't get over how gorgeous our wedding cake turned out!! You were absolutely right...it was stunning!!! We received so many compliments on how great the cake looked, and even better, how great the cake tasted!! Unfortunately, I can't say the same thing for my poor grooms cake....I guess I have learned that a real bargain isn't always what you bargain for! But I made it very clear to anyone who asked about the cakes, that you made the wedding cake and the grooms cake was done by someone else. I sent my wedding coordinator, Ashely Baber, a glowing review of you and said that I would highly, highly, highly recommend you to any of her clients. Thank you so much for being such a huge part of our wedding day. I will send you the pictures from the photographer as soon as I get the negatives!

Wendy McKloskey (Sherman)