Saturday, January 29, 2011

WEDDING: Cerrito-Hoefling, Fox Theatre, 1/29/11

VENUE: Fox Theatre, Egyptian Ballroom
BRIDE and GROOM: Jocelyn Cerrito and Michael Hoefling

I got to see Jocelyn about a week before her wedding ... she was so very excited. When I asked her to describe her reception she said: think of snow, icicles, glitter/sparkles, white. It sounded so dreamy. She was having minimal "floral" pieces .... she would carry a bouquet of fresh floral; but her girls would carry muffs. I couldn't wait to see how they transformed the Egyptian Ballroom into a Winter Wonderland .....

When I arrived, Carla Duncan (florist) had placed crystal trees, long white sheer drapes, lit crystal filled vases topped with white plumes ... it truly was beautiful. I cannot wait to see the work of Ray and Erica (of 35 Atlanta). I'm sure they captured all of the beautiful features.

Jocelyn and Michael's cake was 5 tiers ... each tier was 1/2 almond and 1/2 chocolate cake, the unusual part of their cake was the filling. It was an authentic cannoli filling (with mini chocolate chips). When I went back to pick up the plateau, there was not a slice left and that is the best compliment I could ever get.

VENDORS:
Music: Glow Band
Photo: 35 Atlanta (Ray and Erica)Add ImageFloral: On Occasions of Atlanta - Carla Duncan
Caterer: Affairs to Remember - Nancy Lutz

Wedding Cake Flavor/Filling:
6" - 1/2 Almond and 1/2 chocolate cake filled w/ Cannoli Filling (w/ mini choc chips)
8" - 1/2 Almond and 1/2 chocolate cake filled w/ Cannoli Filling (w/ mini choc chips)
10" - 1/2 Almond and 1/2 chocolate cake filled w/ Cannoli Filling (w/ mini choc chips)
12" - FAKE CAKE
14" - 1/2 Almond and 1/2 chocolate cake filled w/ Cannoli Filling (w/ mini choc chips)

2 comments:

Eileen said...

I received this handwritten note today (2/5/11) from Linda Cerrito (the bride's mom) and had to post it:

"Dear Eileen,
Delicious! Beautiful! Superb! What more can I say? Thank you for understanding Jocelyn's vision of the wedding cake and for making it come to life! We received so very many compliments on your creation regarding the wonderful flavor as well as its beauty! Thank you from the bottom of my heart for giving us one more wonderful memory of this very special day!

Sincerely,
Linda Cerrito"

Eileen said...

I received this handwritten note today (2/24/11) from Jocelyn Hoefling (the Bride):

"Dear Eileen,
Perfect! I heard, repeatedly "That was the best wedding cake I've ever had!" It was delicious and beautiful. I've wanted a cannoli filled cake for as long as I can remember. Thank you for making my dream come true. Everyone thoroughly enjoyed it!

Love,
Jocelyn