Saturday, January 15, 2011

WEDDING: Johnson-Rudnik, Royal Lakes Country Club, 1/15/11

VENUE: Royal Lakes Country Club
BRIDE and GROOM: Stephanie Johnson and Adam Rudnik

This is my first wedding of 2011 and I'm pleased to announce that Stephanie and Adam's wedding cake photo will grace the cover of my 2011 portfolio for all to see.

First, let's talk about the groom cake. Adam is a rookie Fireman with Gwinnett County, Station #20. When we first talked about a groom cake for Adam, we were going to do a replica of his shield. Well, that got changed to a 3-d firetruck. With the help of another bakery (The Flour Shoppe) who specializes in fondant, (I don't do fondant) this adorable firetruck was presented to Adam and used at the rehearsal dinner.


The wedding cake was bordered with an eggplant colored ribbon and covered with the triple dot design. The unique piece about this cake was the placement of floral between the 8 and 10" layers. Now, when I saw the floral that I had to work with, I honestly was a bit disappointed as the floral looked old and a little wilted (especially the roses) ... but given the weather conditions leading up to this day (lots of snow/ice), it was a bad week for floral .. all around. So I did what I could with what I had to work with. It still came out nice.

DETAILS: I took a couple of shots of interest ...

First, the view from the ballroom. Water, Snow, Bright Sunshine. It was beautiful. I've seen a sneak peek of the outside shots, and they look amazing.

Second, these tall vases were lined with thin lemon slices. A huge ball of floral topped each vase. They looked beautiful.



VENDORS:
Music: Richardatlanta@music.com
Photo: David FirestineAdd ImageFloral: Brides and Blooms
Caterer: Royal Lakes Golf Club

Wedding Cake Flavor/Filling:
6" - Vanilla cake filled w/ Raspberry Buttercream
8" - Chocolate cake filled w/ Strawberry Buttercream
10" - FAKE CAKE
12" - Vanilla cake filled w/ Cookies n' Cream

Groom Cake Flavor/Filling:
Chocolate cake filled w/ Banana Cream

No comments: