Saturday, January 1, 2011

FAREWELL 2010 ... HELLO 2011 !!!

HAPPY NEW YEAR !!!!! The year 2010 was phenominal ... I ended the year with 80 weddings, but 2011 is destined to be better .. I did promise my husband some "eileen" time, so I'm not sure that I will do 80 weddings, but it still will be a great year!

Trends: Feathers still continue to be a hot accent and color plays a major role ... my goodness just wait until you see what my 2011 brides have planned.

Wedding season began in January for me (unusually early). With 31 weddings already scheduled for 2010 .. and two 2012 clients already, I am being asked for my information and tasting schedule daily.

The cover of my annual portfolio is saved for my first wedding cake of the year ... and I'm thrilled to announce that the Johnson-Rudnik Wedding (1/15/11) will grace the cover of my 2011 portfolio !!!

In an effort to grow my business in 2011, I'm going to try some new things:

Advertising: I've always said that word of mouth advertising is the best advertising .. and that has worked for me for a long time and still does, but I will continue as a paid advertiser with The Knot Wedding Network and partnering with three top wedding brands: The Knot and WeddingChannel, and Martha Stewart. I also advertise on Weddingwire and their affiliates.

Gift Certificates are available !!!

Favors: In addition to the many cakes that are created, I would like to get into providing favors for your guests. These can be wedding favors / baby shower favors / birthday favors / etc. in the form of chocolate covered oreo's, cake pops, cookies, etc.


Let me introduce you to the people who make up Eileen Carter Creations:

Eileen (aka The Cake Lady) - my Cake Lady nickname was given to me by my past clients .. and it has stuck. I've been baking cakes for 25+ years ... I worked for a major corporation for most of those years, able only to create as time permitted. Until 2004 when I returned home from my honeymoon and got the word that they didn't need me anymore. So I created Eileen Carter Creations and haven't stopped yet. I absolutely LOVE my job.




Clay (The Cake Wrangler) - without his love and support (and brawn) I would not be The Cake Lady. He arrives with a smile and makes all around him smile. He's a hugger ... and often while I'm working on a cake, he can be found giving hugs to his favorite florists, coordinators, and/or photographers.



Becky Hall - (Cake Lady's Assistant) - a good friend and ready to lend a hand at any time. She often accompanies Clay and I to our weekly wedding destinations, she's not afraid to wash a dirty mixer bowl or clean up after a fun filled cake week.

No comments: