Saturday, January 15, 2011

WEDDING: Carbo-East, Olde Town Athletic Club, 1/15/11

VENUE: Olde Town Athletic Club, Marietta
BRIDE and GROOM: Tammi Carbo and Jon East

I hadn't been to Olde Town for about three years, and had no idea that they had renovated their space. It is absolutely gorgeous. I'm sure Mr. Bob Cooper would be happy to show you around if you are still looking for a venue.


When I met Tammi back in September, she knew exactly what her cake was to look like ..... but after a few emails and sketches back and forth, she ended up with something completely different! It is MY FAVORITE cake of the year (so far). A grand 5-tier cake with black and silver scroll work to compliment the rich purple hand made gumpaste floral. Thanks go to Zoe Ruiz for making the floral for me (she says it's easy and promises to teach me how to do it one of these days real soon). I got a chance to see Tammi when she returned from her honeymoon and she was thrilled with how her cake came out.

Jon is from Alabama and is a Roll Tide fan and a chocolate fan. His groom cake was chocolate, filled w/ chocolate and frosted in chocolate. All of his friends told him it was the best chocolate cake they've ever had .. unfortunately, Jon didn't get to eat any! Tammi and Jon cut the wedding cake, but they didn't do a ceremonial "cut" of the groom cake and by the time he was ready to eat cake, there was no chocolate cake left !!! : )

DETAILS: I love Heather Oliver of Stylish Stems ... anything she does is spectacular. One special floral detail that I noticed on the way out was on a huge round table in the entry way. She took individual stems and placed them in individual vases, add candles and some rose petals and you've got one stunning entrance centerpiece.


VENDORS:
Music: Spectrum Entertainment (Matt)
Photo: 35 Atlanta (Ray and Erica)
Floral: Heather Oliver, Stylish Stems
Caterer: Olde Town Athletic Club

Wedding Cake Flavor/Filling:
6" - Almond cake filled w/ Pineapple Buttercream
8" - Almond cake filled w/ Almond Buttercream
10" - Almond cake filled w/ Pineapple Buttercream
12" - Almond cake filled w/ Almond Buttercream
14" - FAKE CAKE

Groom Cake Flavor/Filling:
12" - Chocolate cake filled w/ Chocolate Buttercream and iced in Fudge (YUM)

2 comments:

Tammi said...

My cake came out exactly the way I imagined. I couldnt believe how exact it was to the picture I found on the internet. Eileen did an amazing job. The cake was delicious and we were sooooooooo thrilled with her work!!!!!!!!!!

Tammi said...

We were soooooo happy with our cake. Eileen did an absolutely perfect job in replicating a picture I found on a website. I could not believe how exact it was. And the cakes tastedd divine!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thanks Eileen