Saturday, January 22, 2011

WEDDING: Gilbert-Williams, Carl House, 1/22/11

VENUE: The Carl House
BRIDE and GROOM: Christi Gilbert and JJ Williams

I hadn't been to the Carl House in quite a while, so it was good to get back up there. It was a chilly day, so I was glad to see that the wedding ceremony would be held in the ballroom. After the ceremony, I'm sure guests were ushered to the parlors for cocktails while the room was transformed into a black/white/red theme reception area.


I work with ribbon on a lot of cakes ... but I had never worked with a polka dot ribbon ... let me tell you how cute it looked !!! Even the staff had commented on how cute the cake was. I used red roses and loops of ribbon to accent the cake.

CAUTION: When I asked the florist for the cake floral, she said the bride did not order any ... but did come up with a few roses for me to use. So, if you are planning to have floral on your cake, please make sure your florist knows to bring flowers for the cake !!!

Christi wanted to surprise JJ with a cake of his own ... the Clemson Paw. He saw it before the wedding and made sure to tell everyone what Christi had ordered just for him.


VENDORS:
Music: Fonix Entertainment (Travis Gilbert)
Photo: Lori Suzanne PhotographyAdd ImageFloral: Truso Weddings
Caterer: Carl House

Wedding Cake Flavor/Filling:
6" - White cake filled w/ fresh sliced Strawberries
8" - White cake filled w/ fresh sliced Strawberries
10" - White cake filled w/ fresh sliced Strawberries
12" - FAKE

Groom Cake Flavor/Filling:
12" Funfetti cake filled w/ Purple colored Vanilla Buttercream

No comments: