Saturday, May 8, 2010

WEEKEND CAKES: 5/7-8-9

Oh my goodness, what a busy week this was.

It all started early in the week with the delivery of a bridal shower cake. The top tier was chocolate, the bottom vanilla. Decorated with a paisley print that coordinated with some fabric the customer was planning to dress the cake table with.


Now for all of the weekend cakes .... first out the door was the Nittany Lion (Penn State) for Ally's husband's surprise birthday party. The cake was vanilla filled w/ chocolate cookies n' cream (YUM).




Next was a very special cake for a First Holy Communion celebration. This cake design was created by the mom and daughter .. I'm thrilled they allowed me to make their vision come to life. The base was a large oval vanilla cake decorated with white and gray icing and a silver bead border. It was topped with a chocolate cross decorated with the quilt design and small silver dragee's. The top of the cake was covered in royal icing daisies. It truly looked great. It was accompanied with one dozen white cupcakes. The "petals" of the cupcakes are white chocolate melts, a dab of gray icing and a large dragee completed them.



My friend, Liz, came by to pick up a delivery she made for me on Saturday ..... for all of the Pittsburgh Steeler fans out there, here is my version of the "Terrible Towel" !!! It was a red velvet cake filled w/ cream cheese and decorated in the brightest yellow icing that I could create. It sure came out cute. In addition to the Terrible Towel groom cake, this bride asked me to create the favors for her event. I created 110 Chocolate covered oreo's, dusted with silver to show off the wedding bell design, placed in a custom labeled individual box.


This special bed was created for Emma (age 5) who celebrated her birthday with a Sleeping Beauty theme. The bed is edible (vanilla cake filled w/ cookies n' cream), the headboard and footboard are made from pretzel rods. Add an icing pillow, a quilting square and your favorite doll and you've got a bed fit for a queen.


















Next out the door is this three tiered graduation cake fit for two Georgia Tech grads. Congratulations to you both !!!


and last, but not least .....




A three tier wedding cake (vanilla cake filled w/ Dulce de Leche), flat finish with a lemongrass ribbon at the base. Orchids placed on top and all around the cake, here and there.

The groom cake was a red velvet filled with cream cheese, complete with the Harvard University undergrad logo.

Congratulations to Tayiba and Javier.

Add to my week, one tasting appointment and 5 First anniversary cakes and I think you'll agree with me that I should be (and am) exhausted.

I'm not a mom, well I am to my dog ... but to all of the mom's out there ... HAPPY MOTHER's DAY !!!

Stay tuned for another crazy cake week next week.

No comments: