Saturday, April 17, 2010

WEDDING: Williams-Karolyi, Michael C. Carlos Museum, 4/17/10

I always knew my cakes belonged in a museum ... LOL !!! The Michael C. Carlos Museum at Emory was the site of Carrie Williams and Dan Karolyi's reception. It's a unique venue to say the least.

When Carrie first contacted me, I was already reserved to another bride for her date and time frame. The only way I could create her cake was for her to allow me to design/decorate the cake (of course), but have an associate of mine deliver and set it up. Carrie agreed.

She knew exactly what she wanted ... and when I saw the cake I fell in love with the design too . You could say that the cake matched her shoes. The cake was covered in (my) hand-crafted icing roses. It took a me total of 7 hours to create the roses.

The wedding cake was Almond cake filled with alternating layers of Raspberry or Amaretto.





















Can you guess how many roses are on this cake? There are 368 !!! 98 on the top cake, 120 on the middle cake, and 150 on the bottom cake.





Dan was all about Georgia Tech's Buzz ... Buzz was hand drawn on a chocolate cake filled w/ Bailey's. So cute !!!



VENDORS:
Photographer: Jeff Roffman Photography, www.jeffroffmanphotography.com, 404/437-7437
DOC: Ally Haggerty, Unforgettable Soirees
Music:
Caterer: Masterpiece Catering

1 comment:

Eileen said...

I received a personal note from Carrie & Dan .. thought I would share it with you.

Dear Eileen,
Dan and I can't thank you enough for the wonderful cakes that you provided for our wedding. The wedding cake was absolutely stunning; it was definately a centerpiece of the reception. Dan loved his Georgia Tech cake, too. His family has a long history of Georgia Tech, and everyone wanted a picture of the groom's cake. Both cakes were so delicious; there wasn't a piece left! Thanks again for helping to make our wedding day so special!

Warm regards,
Carrie & Dan