Thursday, April 8, 2010

WEDDING: Reese-Hebert, The Atrium, 4/8/10


The Thursday wedding of Lindsey Reese and Jordan Hebert brought me to The Atrium, a former bank, now a two story glass ballroom located in Historic Downtown Norcross.



I didn't meet this bride until her wedding day. I was contacted a couple of weeks back by her mom (Marie) and her Grandmother. Lindsey's wedding day was originally scheduled for September, but for some reason it got moved up to April. Although they had everything all set for a September wedding, it was time to scramble and find a new venue and new vendors for an April wedding.

They called one morning and asked to meet with me that same afternoon. I explained that I would not have time to bake a taste cake for them, but they came over anyway.

After a great conversation and a few laughs, we decided on the design, and their order was placed on my schedule. Because of the high ceilings of The Atrium, the wedding cake could be nice and tall .... so the bottom layer is fake, everything else was a white cake filled with either Amaretto buttercream or Strawberry Cream Cheese (yum).

Wishing Lindsey and Jordan every happiness.

Photography: Thanks to Jason Montgomery with Creations in Nature, 770-682-3879, e-mail jasonmontgomery1@me.com for this awesome cake shot.

No comments: