Monday, August 24, 2009

Wonderly-Haywood, Heron Bay CC, 8/22/9

Back in February I received a call from Megan requesting my services for her 8/22 event. I had to turn her down due to previous commitments (another wedding) and the timing wouldn't have worked. I couldn't be in two places at the same time.


Well, a couple of weeks ago, I received a call from my nephew's wife, Andi. Her friend Cheryl was over and was looking for a baker for her daughters wedding as their baker "went out of business" with no warning leaving them with no cake for a wedding in two weeks. Andi asked if I would speak with Cheryl .. sure, I said.


Well, long story short ... it turns out that Cheryl is Megan's mom (small world) ... I told her that if I could deliver the cake early, it would give me time to get to my other delivery.


Clay and I traveled to Locust Grove (Heron Bay Country Club) and delivered a 4-tier wedding cake (vanilla cakes filled w/ strawberry cream cheese). We arrived at 3:30. The wedding and reception were held outside. There was a nice breeze, but it was still warm and the sun was shining all over the spot that the cake was to be placed. I really didn't want to set it up in the sun, so the caterer was good enough to volunteer to "move" the cakes from the kitchen to the outdoor venue when it was time. So that's what happened ... I constructed the wedding cake in the kitchen and placed the groom cake in the refrigerator.


Speaking of the groom cake .... I created a German Chocolate cake filled and frosted with a coconut-pecan icing. YUMMY.

According to Andi and JR, both cakes looked and tasted great.

I was in such a hurry to get to my second delivery of the day that I didn't get a chance to take any detail shots ... and my delivery was so early that there really weren't any "details" to take a picture of .. other than the view of the lake. A gorgeous setting.


Congratulations to Megan and Brian Haywood. Thanks for giving me a second chance to be a part of your special day !!!

No comments: