Thursday, August 6, 2009

Thompson-Dawson, Cuscowilla Golf and Country Club, 8/1/9


Carmen Thompson married Jonathan Dawson Saturday, August 1st at the Waterside Restaurant at Cuscowilla Golf and Country Club. The ceremony was held outside with Lake Oconee as the backdrop. Although we could have used a breeze every now and then, it was a beautiful summer day.

Cuscowilla is about a 2 hour drive for me, so when they came to meet with me back in June, I asked about local restaurants in the area for Clay and I to dine at while waiting for the cake cutting ceremony (so that I could grab the plateau and head home) .... Mrs. Thompson suggested that we dine with them at the reception ... and we accepted ... and I'm so glad we did. The food was phenominal .. delicious appetizers, a buffet which included chicken picatta, poached salmon and prime rib. My favorite part of the buffet was the Mashed potato martini bar ... especially the mashed sweet potato .. I have no idea what the chef put in it, but it was incredibly creamy and delish .. I think he added nutmeg and possibly heavy cream.








It was an honor to not only create both the wedding and groom cakes, but witness the joining of two families. Carmen looked stunning as I knew she would. While everyone's eye was on the bride .. my camera was on Jonathan who had all of us in tears (happy tears) ... this shot is his expression as he watched Carmen walk toward him.
DETAILS .. DETAILS .. DETAILS

Southern Bouquets was in charge of the floral for the event .... beautiful centerpieces , and bouquets. One detail in particular really made an impression with me, however. I have never seen this done before. Please take a look at my picture of the aisle. It took at least an hour for Karli to arrange rose petals in the shape of hearts down the entire length of the aisle. It was absolutely beautiful and thank goodness it wasn't a windy day.
I don't know if Carmen ever saw this detail because all guests were ushered down the aisle, ultimately destroying the design ... by the time Carmen arrived, I'm sure it wasn't as neat and orderly. I'm sending her my picture of it, just in case she didn't get to see it.


VENDORS:

Music: Ambiance Entertainment
Floral: Southern Bouquets
Photography: Melissa Prosser Photography (www.melissaprosser.com)
Caterer: Cuscowilla - Waterside Restaurant
Cake: Eileen Carter Creations (smile)

No comments: