Saturday, June 19, 2010

WEDDING: Jackson-Pfrogner, Chateau Elan, 6/19/10

Chateau Elan ..... an elegant site for a wedding and reception. The photo
opportunities alone make reserving it worth it.

Randi Jackson and Ricki Pfrogner held their reception in the Elan Ballroom at Chateau Elan. I was so looking forward to creating this cake. I arrived on time, the cake table was not ready and was informed that the plateau was enroute. At 4:00p, when I should have been heading to Atlanta to deliver another cake, the "plateau" and floral arrived.

I made the decision to place my cake on this "plateau" only because "the bride fell in love with it when she saw it and had to have it". That will be the last time I will allow one of my cakes to be placed on a "plateau" that never should be considered a plateau. It was a bowl on a wrought iron stand. In all honesty .. this gorgeous cake leaned considerably. I think the photographer did an outstanding job and captured it at just the right angle. If I had to do it over again I would have insisted it be placed on a flat surfaced plateau and run the risk of disappointing the bride .. which I'm sure that is exactly what I did by going with her decision to use this wrought iron bowl/stand.

Lesson's definately learned !!!

The groom cake was quite unique and I seriously doubt will be recreated. It had the Virginia Military Institute on the top ... the sides were camouflaged and the strawberries were to represent the 4 branches of the armed services.



VENDORS:
Music: East Coast Entertainment
Photo: 519 Photography, Meredith Wulkotte
Floral: Tamela Scarborough, Southern Bouquets
Caterer: Chateau Elan

Wedding Cake Flavor/Filling:
6" Round - 1/2 Chocolate; 1/2 Almond cake filled w/ Amaretto Buttercream
8" Round - 1/2 Chocolate; 1/2 Almond cake filled w/ Raspberry Buttercream
10" Round - 1/2 Chocolate; 1/2 Almond cake filled w/ Amaretto Buttercream
12" Round - 1/2 Chocolate; 1/2 Almond cake filled w/ Raspberry Buttercream

Groom Cake Flavor/Filling:
6" Oval - Red Velvet cake filled w/ Cream Cheese
10" Square - Red Velvet cake filled w/ Cream Cheese

No comments: