Sunday, July 12, 2009

Lee-White, Big Canoe, 7/11/9


Our Saturday deliveries began with an enjoyable ride to Big Canoe. Michelle Lee and Corey White married in the Chapel and their reception was held at The Chimney's at Big Canoe.


I was told that Michelle and her mom did most, if not all, of the decorating ... and the attention to detail was amazing. Their monogram was created in moss-covered foam and hung over the fireplace; a side view of a canoe, made out of wood, with their name and wedding date burned into it was the guest book. Too cute. The florist took a bunch of detail shots (and I think I'm going to start doing that myself) .. I'll see if she'll send them to me and will post. If anything, it will provide a few ideas, I'm sure.


Michelle loved a cake design that I had done a few years back (2006) --- flat finish, brown ribbon border, white floral with fiddlehead ferns (love those). She used my square wooden plateau to showcase her cake (which her mom will be bringing back to me this week). Her wedding cake served 100 (the bottom layer was fake) .... an extra cake (1/2 sheet cake) was in the kitchen and used for extra servings.


It was a beautiful day for a wedding ... blue skies, not to hot/humid.


Alea Moore is the photographer (this is the 3rd cake she's shot of mine) ... I'll post the pro shot as soon as I get it.


Best wishes, Michelle and Corey !!!

1 comment:

Eileen said...

Wednesday, July 22, 2009 11:37 AM
From: Michelle M. Lee
To: "Eileen M. Carter"

Thank you Eileen. The cake was PERFECT and absolutely delicious. We received our coupon and cannot wait to use it next July!!!

Thanks again for everything!!

Michelle