Monday, March 9, 2009

Hughley-Givens, Elizabeth Baptist Church, 3/7/9


I met JoVonn Hughley and Jerrie Givens almost a year before their wedding. JoVonn knew exactly what her cake would look like and I hope I created the cake of her dreams.

Friend, Delores, helped me deliver this one. JoVonn's wedding was at the Elizabeth Baptist Church on Cascade Road and the reception was held in the Fellowship Hall. Let me brag on that church for a moment ... I have never been so well received in any venue as I was from the people of Elizabeth Baptist Church. From the guy who helped me find my way to the fellowship hall ... to the catering manager and staff ... I thank them for their help and laughter ... everyone was so nice and had one common goal ... and that was to create a beautiful venue and reception for JoVonn and Jerrie. I can't wait for another cake opportunity at that venue.


So, now let me tell you about the cake .... each layer a different flavor. Vanilla filled w/ Bailey's; 1/2 chocolate and 1/2 vanilla cakes filled w/ chocolate cookies n' cream; Marble cake filled w/ strawberry buttercream and a vanilla cke filled w/ vanilla buttercream. YUM. Each tier was bordered in moss green ribbon and decorated with a triple dot design. The florist had left me a bunch of stems so that I could create the packed floral between the 8 and 12" layers.

Again, 2009 brings me the opportunity to meet new vendors ... unfortunately, their photographer did not respond to my requests for a professional photograph. Many thanks to JoVonn for sending them to me. Even she had to wait 5 months to receive her photos !!!

No comments: