Saturday, September 6, 2008

Bolton-Spiller, Atlanta Hilton NE, 9/6/8


The wedding of Lisa Bolton and Dave Spiller. A large event (250 guests), and held in the grand ballroom of the Atlanta Hilton NE in Norcross. Lisa was more traditional and wanted a 5-tier cake .. each layer with a different design. The groom cake was my idea .. I had seen a photo of this cake in a magazine (as a wedding cake) and wanted to recreate it in a small scale as a groom cake. So, friend Machelle and I had fun earlier in the morning, cracking chocolate and creating the design on the cake. Thanks, Machelle !!! I often name my cakes .. the groom cake is called "All Cracked Up". I see great potential with this cake .. it can be done in just about any color ... yellow buttercream with dark chocolate, green and brown .. the possibilities are endless.

Photo courtesy of Shannon Wright (http://www.shannonseye.net/)

No comments: