Saturday, August 27, 2011

WEDDING: Charles-McPhail, Agnes Scott College, 8/27/11

BRIDE and GROOM: Linnet Charles and Brendan McPhail
VENUE: Agnes Scott College

Agnes Scott College ... what a beautiful campus ! While Becky and I were working on the cakes, Clay was out walking the campus. He fell in love with it.

The cake tasting was a family affair ... the bride, Linnet, her brother, her mom, her dad, and the groom, Brendan. In the middle of our tasting, Dad got up, walked right into my kitchen, opened cabinets looking for glasses, and brought out water for everyone (something I should have done). I fell in love with Linnet's mom and dad right away. In fact, when I got the word that they were choosing me to create the cakes, dad said that it was because he knew I would make them with love.

So, when I returned to pick up the plateau at the end of their night, I went looking for both mom and dad and got the biggest hugs from both. I love my job.

Linnet's cake was hexagon in shape with an all-over swirl design. Julie Coffin (florist) left me a bunch of gorgeous floral so that I could create a full cascade. I think it came out great and can't wait to see the pro shots.

Brendan's cake had to be huge and had to be the continent of Australia (not excluding Tasmania).

Linnet and Brendan now make their home in Australia, but I hope to see them in a year or so for their first anniversary. Best wishes to you both.



VENDORS:
Music: Sharoon Farhat
Photo: professional photographs were requested 8/27/11Add ImageFloral: Julie Coffin - Unique Floral Expressions
Caterer: Mirch Masala
DOC: My Bride Idea

Wedding Cake Flavor/Filling:
6" - Strawberry cake filled w/ Chocolate Buttercream
9" - White cake filled w/ Strawberries n' Cream
12" - Strawberry cake filled w/ Chocolate Buttercream
15" - White cake filled w/ Strawberries n' Cream


Groom Cake Flavor/Filling:
Chocolate cake filled w/ Raspberry

1 comment:

Eileen said...

Handwritten note received 9/9/11

"Dear Eileen,

Our cake was not only beautiful, but extremely tasty !! We appreciate all you hard work at our wedding !

Brendan and Linnet"