Sunday, July 31, 2011

WEDDING: Steenblik-Whang, Primrose Cottage, 7/31/11

BRIDE and GROOM: Lillian Steenblik and Sung Whang
VENUE: Primrose Cottage

It's always a pleasure to bring a cake to Primrose Cottage in Roswell.

One of the most colorful weddings I've seen this year. This bride even went so far as to hand create origami cranes and place them on toothpicks for the dozen or so cupcakes. If you look close at the cake photo, you'll see strings of origami birds hanging in the window ... it was gorgeous. She did a great job. Two wedding ceremonies took place; the first was Korean, the second American. Lily dressed in authentic Korean clothing and when I spoke with both of them Sung remarked how silly he felt in the hat he was wearing. The American ceremony was more traditional (gown/tux). The cake colors were offwhite, and hues of blue to green (think peacock feather) ... A thousand royal icing buds were made and placed on the cake and I've saved some for their first anniversary cake.

VENDORS:
Music:
Photo: Holly Jones PhotographyAdd ImageFloral:
Caterer:

Wedding Cake Flavor/Filling:
6" - Chocolate cake filled w/ Banana Cream
8" - Lemon cake filled w/ Raspberry
10" - Vanilla cake filled w/ fresh sliced Strawberries AND Blueberry (1/2 and 1/2)

1 comment:

LSteenblik said...

We loved our cake Eileen! Sorry I have been out of touch. Moving and starting graduate school is keeping me very very busy. :)

The cake was beautiful - and tasty! When we cut into it, it was blueberry! So I win :) I'm just sad that I forgot to snag a cupcake :(