Saturday, July 9, 2011

WEDDING: Taylor-Lewis, Le Fais do-do, 7/9/11

BRIDE and GROOM: Jessica Taylor and Kevin Lewis
VENUE: Le Fais do-do

I had never heard of this venue before and was anxious to see it, so when we arrived I took a little extra time to check it out. It has great potential. An 8,000 Sq. foot blank palette for you to come in and decorate as needed. It's huge and you can hold both your ceremony and reception in one place.

I'm so looking forward to receiving the pro shot of this cake. The top tier was based on the wedding gown detail, and the shot of purple (ribbon) with a gorgeous brooch just added to its magnificence. I had issues with the table that the cake was on .. not sure where it came from, but it was crooked ... the feet were planted on the floor, it wabbled at the top where the top of the table meets the stem of the table and there was nothing I could do to fix it. Every time we went near the table, the table slanted ... making the cake look slanted. I wish I could have put a fence around it to guard it from folks coming up to touch (and slant) the table, but I couldn't.

I didn't meet Kevin until his wedding day, but met Jessica a couple of times. She was a hands-on bride .... provided the music, floral, she even made her cake plateau out of a styrofoam round for height, a piece of glass, and beautiful material. She looked stunning on her wedding day. Check out their get-away car that was parked outside.

Wishing Jessica and Kevin a lifetime of happiness.


VENDORS:
Music: Provided by the Bride
Photo: will provide contact info when/if I receive the professional photo's.Add ImageFloral: Provided by the Bride
Caterer: Le Fais do-do

Wedding Cake Flavor/Filling:
4" - Red Velvet cake filled with Amaretto and Cream Cheese (3 layer cakes)
8" - Red Velvet cake filled w/ Amaretto and Cream Cheese (3 layer cake)
12" - Chocolate cake filled w/ Strong Coffee Buttercream (2 layer)
14" - FAKE LAYER

No comments: