Saturday, October 16, 2010

WEDDING: Swain-Barron, Primrose Cottage, 10/16/10

Amanda Swain and Brandon Barron chose Primrose Cottage as their reception site. When I returned to pick up some cake items, I got a rare chance to see my brother, Jim and his best girl, Kay (who were guests at the wedding).

Amanda wanted an "old fashioned" icing technique ... I remember my mom frosting cakes in this same way. Amanda was concerned that this technique would not show up in photos .... on the contrary, this design has so many nooks and cranny's that it shadows and photographs very well.

Heard that the entire cake was eaten ... that makes me very happy.

Congratulations, Amanda and Brandon ... see you on your 1st Anniversary !!!

VENDORS:
Music: an awesome band .. i'll get their info and post later
Photo: Matt Yung (I'm anxious to see his work)
Floral: Southern Bouquets - Tamela
Caterer: Primrose Cottage

Wedding Cake Flavor/Filling:
6" - Chocolate cake filled w/ Cherry
8" - Almond cake filled w/ Cherry
10" - FAKE CAKE
12" - Chocolate cake filled w/ Cherry
14" - Almond cake filled w/ cherry

1 comment:

Eileen said...

Date: October 25, 2010
From: Amanda Swain
To: Eileen Carter

Hi Eileen! We're back from the honeymoon (sadly) and I'm glad you sent me an email because I wanted to let you know how perfect the cake was! Absolutely beautiful and DELICIOUS! Everyone talked about it all night!