Saturday, May 21, 2011

WEDDING: Brent-Jasmin, Red Brick Brewery, 5/21/11

BRIDE and GROOM: Haley Brent and Jeff Jasmin
VENUE: Red Brick Brewery

Our 3rd and final delivery of the day and boy was I tired. Too many cakes.

Haley and Jeff met with me the first time in early October ..... after a couple of months of emails with no commitment, I assumed they were not interested and took them off my list and moved on to other brides for their date and time frame. In early December, they contacted me again. I had discarded their original paperwork so we had to start over .. and we did. By mid-December their contract was drawn up and they were once again, back on my schedule.

I had never been to the Red Brick Brewery ..... when I first walked in to their lounge area I thought it small for a wedding reception ... but I was then ushered into the room where they actually brew the beer. Much larger, and once they shut the receiving door I assumed it cooled down quite a bit. Their staff was very helpful.

The bottom three tiers of the wedding cake were 6 inches in height (3 layer cakes) ... the top tier was a two layer (4 inches). A flat finish, ribbon, and silk floral turned it into a contemporary look. Nice.

Jeff was a major Georgia Tech fan ....... Buzz was appropriate. I love drawing Buzz.

Haley and Jeff have moved to Illinois, but I'm sure they will be visiting Atlanta around their first anniversary and I will be happy to create their first anniversary cake for them. They are an adorable couple and I wish them much happiness.

VENDORS:
Music: Zigi Entertainment
Photo: Dawn RussellAdd ImageFloral: Silk - provided by Bride.
Caterer: Avenue Catering (Courtney Lukow)

Wedding Cake Flavor/Filling:
7" - Strawberry cake filled w/ Strawberry Cream Cheese
8" - Strawberry cake filled w/ Strawberry Cream Cheese
10" - Lemon cake filled w/ Bailey's
12" - FAKE

Groom Cake Flavor/Filling:
12" - Chocolate cake filled w/ fresh Sliced Strawberries

No comments: