Saturday, April 2, 2011

WEDDING: Smith-Foy, Quails Landing, 4/2/11

BRIDE and GROOM: Desiree Smith and Mike Foy
VENUE: Quails Landing at Little River Plantation, Ashburn, GA

Well, after a week of rainy weather ... it felt great to be traveling to south Georgia (Ashburn) in full sunshine.

I had no idea what to expect when we arrived at Quails Landing, but let me tell you ... I was completely surprised. The grounds are absolutely beautiful. A beautiful lake is the backdrop to an outdoor wedding; there are gorgeous scultures here and there, and even a lodge to stay in.

I found Justin W. (the photographer) around 3:00p by the lake and went to chat with him. He pointed across the lake to a horse (clydesdale) and buggy carrying what would be the future Mrs. Foy. When Desiree arrived and got down from the buggy .... Clay, Becky, and myself ... were tearing up, as she looked absolutely exquisite.

Desiree came to meet with me almost a year ago. Her cake shape was a little different and her floral arrangement for the top cake was very unique. She wanted an off-white icing for the exterior and I should have darkened it a little more, but it still came out great. Pretty pink calla lillies were placed on top with a bow to match the ribbon border. It looked contemporary, yet elegant. Loved it!

Mike's groom cake was a new design for me .. I've done plenty of University of Georgia cakes, but this was the first time for this particular design. Even Clay said I did a pretty good job with the design ....


VENDORS:
Music: After Hours
Photo: Justin Wojtczak (375 Photography)
Floral: Wanda Bell
Caterer: Wanda Bell

Wedding Cake Flavor/Filling:
4" - Strawberry cake filled w/ Strawberry Buttercream
8" - Strawberry cake filled w/ Strawberry Buttercream
12" - Strawberry cake filled w/ Strawberry Buttercream

Groom Cake Flavor/Filling:
12" - Funfetti cake filled w/ Vanilla Buttercream

1 comment:

Eileen said...

To: Eileen Carter
From: Desiree
Date: April 10, 2011

I just wanted to say thank you very much for our wedding and grooms cake. Not only did they look great but tasted even better. I did give your name and phone number to a few people that were asking. I hope you don't mind!

Thank you again!!!

Desiree