Wednesday, March 30, 2011

FUN CAKES: March 2011

March was the month for baby showers !!!

Tina (I did her groom cake and favors last year) ordered chocolate cake pops and chocolate covered oreos for a baby shower she was working on. I received a lovely note from her ....

"Eileen, thank you so much for the wonderful Oreos and Cake pops! They were a huge hit yesterday. Those cake pops were to DIE for! LOL Everyone kept asking where I got them...So I spread your name all day yesterday!
It was great getting to work with you again, and like I said....I'm sure I will be contacting you again!

Thanks again,
Tina"

When Tina ordered her groom cake and favors last year, we did everything by email ... and I had a friend make the delivery for me ... so when she came to pick up this baby shower order it was great to finally get to meet each other .... in person.

One of my favorite brides (Ashley) from a couple of years ago was in charge of getting the cake for a baby shower for her friend Cayce ... it was an almond cake filled w/ bavarian cream. The design was my carriage cake .. everything's edible except for the bow. The wheels are made of white chocolate (YUM). Aside from getting to see Ashley again .. she brought her daughter for me to meet. Delaney Jane is as cute as a bug and I'm looking forward to babysitting soon.

and the baby showers keep coming ....

Leslie ordered a vanilla cake for the shower she was coordinating for a friend of hers ... instead of the carriage cake, the mother to be requested something with tutu's and bows ..... I think it came out adorable.

No comments: