Saturday, July 26, 2008

McBride-Foster, Vidalia Community Ctr, 7/26/8

This was our second delivery for the day .... we loaded the car and Clay and I headed to Vidalia, Georgia for the wedding of Lea Ann McBride and Wes Foster. This bride contacted me last year, but her mom decided that a "friend" would be doing the cake. Well, the friend had to have surgery and was unable to do create the cake ... so Lea called to see if I was still available. We left here at 1 and got to the Vidalia Community Center at 4:30. The topper was quite unique ... and made exclusively for them. She was an Eagle fan .. he graduated from Virginia Tech .. the topper was the mascots of each school. I'm sure the pro shot will turn out better than my photo ....

Photo courtesy of me .... awaiting pro shot.

So after setting up the cake (5:30p), we found the hotel (Hampton Inn) and walked into our room where I saw the most comfy looking king size bed .. I climbed up (Clay too) and promptly fell asleep ... I had pulled an all-nighter the night before getting prepared for my two 7/26 deliveries. We got up at 9:30p ...starved .... so off to dinner we go. On Sunday, we wanted to sightsee a bit, but nothing is open on Sunday. So, we headed to Hazelhurst (Clay's home town) and grabbed Clay's dad's Dining room table and chairs. It's going to be gorgeous when it's all cleaned up.

No comments: