Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Greppo-Warhaftig, Renaissance Hotel, 9/19/9

The 25th floor of the Renaissance Hotel was the site of Erica Greppo and Jacob Warhaftig's wedding and reception. Of all of the places I deliver to in the city ... I have to say that the entire staff of the Renaissance has always been very nice and extremely helpful to me - every time ... and believe me, I can't say that for all of the venues that I've been to.

Erica first contacted me back in January, but due to prior commitments (another wedding) I was unable to create her cake. Time passed and my schedule changed ... as it often does. One day, her coordinator, Ally Haggerty called to check my availability, just to check. My schedule had changed such that I was now able to meet with her and Jacob and subsequently create her cake. Things happen for a reason !!!

Clay, Liz, and I delivered a 4-tier cake, each layer 1/2 vanilla and 1/2 chocolate filled with hazelnut with alternating single dot and paisley designs. Liz said it was one of the prettiest she has seen. I got to see both Erica and Jacob before the ceremony .. Erica looked beautiful; and Jacob ... handsome and a little nervous.


I wish you both my very best !!!!


DETAILS:

Erica was one of my favorite brides. Didn't she look beautiful ... and what a smile !!! Did I mention how talented she is? She has the art of origami in her ... she created her cake topper (two silver origami swans) and take a look at the place cards. The amount of work that Erica did in preparation for this wedding was phenominal. You'll also see a cute shot of Jacob ... relaxing (sleeping) before the ceremony (ha ha ha). Oh, and they shared their love of their Boxers (see photo). Too Cute !!!










VENDORS:
Photo: Bryan Scott Photography
Floral: Danielle Curry
Music: Complete Music (Rich)
Caterer: Renaissance
Officiant: Rev. Deanna Lancaster
DOC: Ally Haggerty of Unforgettable Soirees
Baker: me

1 comment:

Erica said...

Thank you so much for everything Eileen! The cake was beautiful and delicious!!!!!