Sunday, March 13, 2011

WEDDING: Pockell-Edwards, Timpano Grill, Ft. Lauderdale, 3/13/11

BRIDE and GROOM: Zelda Pockell and Mark Edwards
VENUE: Timpano, Fort Lauderdale, Florida

This one pulled at my heart string ..... it was a tough wedding for me ..... not the cake ... that was easy .... but creating the cake for this particular couple was a little difficult. Many years ago, the groom and I were an "item" .... first loves ... engaged at age 18 ... and then I broke his heart.

Well, the years went by, he married, had children, divorced .... and then one day, he met Zelda ... and found love all over again.

I had spoken to Zelda a time or two .... but didn't get to meet her until her wedding day. She was very gracious and welcomed me with a big hug. She wanted a simple cake, yet requested a full cascade, so with the help of some gorgeous spring floral ... that's what she got.

As Gramps once said to me ... "you may have never married into this family, but you will always be part of this family" ... and that is just the way I went into this one ... as part of the family. I got to see and spend time with my dear friend, Lee (Mark's mom) and her whole family (with the exception of one son who was sorely missed). Clay and I had a wonderful time .... we laughed ... I cried a little ... and when it was all done and over with, I knew that I was in the right place with the right person.

I couldn't be happier for them. They make a fabulous couple and I wish them much love and happiness for the rest of their lives.

Everyone kept asking how I was handling this ... and I think it was more difficult for Clay, who made a point to hold me close at every opportunity.


VENDORS:
Music:
Photo: Add ImageFloral:
Caterer:

Wedding Cake Flavor/Filling:
6" - 1/2 Chocolate; 1/2 Vanilla cake filled w/ cookies n' cream
8" - Vanilla cake filled w/ Raspberry
10" - FAKE
12" - Chocolate cake filled w/ Bailey's

No comments: