Monday, August 31, 2009

O'Leary-Shivers, Atlanta Country Club, 8/29/9

We headed back to the house, to pick up the cakes for our second and final delivery of the day ... and headed to Cobb County.

While travelling 85 South, all of a sudden everyone in front of me was breaking and there were cars swerving and brake smoke everywhere .... will I stop in time with out destroying the cakes ? Will Liz (who was behind me in her SUV .. stop in time also ? YOU BET WE DID, but it did make us all drive a little more cautiously !!! Atlanta Traffic !!! ARGH !!! (and the cakes didn't shift one bit !!!)

We arrive at the Atlanta Country Club (off Paper Mill Road) to set up the cake for the Michelle O'Leary-Jordan Shivers reception. When I walked into the ballroom I started looking for one of my fav florists (Heather Oliver, Stylish Stems) but found her mom instead and got a big hug. Heather was with the bride, but expected shortly. So we got busy. Michelle's wedding cake was a 4-tier cake, bordered in black ribbon with a single dot design ... simple, yet elegant. Heather added purple floral and small calla lillies on the top. Came out great.



Gene Ho was their photographer ... I had the opportunity to see Michelle's bridal portrait and it was absolutely gorgeous .. I can't wait to see their wedding pics. Will post the cake pro shot as soon as I get it.

Jordan wanted something different for a groom cake .... CHEESE CAKE !!! So, he picked out four flavors and we placed them on staggered elevation .... from top to bottom ..... Snickers ..... Key Lime ..... Vanilla topped with Strawberries ... and Oreo. YUMMY ! No, I'm not getting into the cheesecake business. I believe in sticking with what you do best .. and that is regular plain ol' cake. But if cheesecake is what you want, I will find it and make sure you get it.



Congratulations Michelle and Jordan !!!!!


DETAILS DETAILS DETAILS .................


It's always a good idea to have centerpieces at different heights .. here's a good example of three different sized centerpieces at the same event ..... Tall .. medium .. short.













Then of course, you have the view ...... you can't beat the lush green grass of a golf course !!!!!




VENDORS:

Photo: Gene Ho
Music: Axtell Productions - Standing Room Only
Floral: Heather Oliver, Stylish Stems
Caterer: Atlanta Country Club
Cake: me

No comments: