Saturday, October 4, 2008

Vowels-Daly, Wimbish House, 10/4/8




Clay and I drove to The Wimbish House (Atlanta Women's Club) ... Rachelle had a specific design in mind for her cake when she met with me last year. Fans of rose buds. I created it in her colors .. white and champagne. Ryan (the Groom) loves his dog .. Bogey .. a black lab who wears a red collar and loves tennis balls. This was my first (and probably only) attempt using rolled fondant. I baked four 9x13 cakes, stacked them on top of each other, lightly frosted them and cooled them in the fridge for a day or so .... then I took it from the fridge and started sculpting the dog's head. I re-frosted the cake and back in the fridge it went. Now it's time to apply the rolled fondant. It was a learning experience, but the end result came out pretty good. I hope he was pleased.
Photo courtesy of me .... will update with professional photo upon receipt.

No comments: